Three Mikano generators, refrigerators, other properties razed by fire in Ebonyi
Photo Credit: NAN
On Sunday, the Ebonyi Fire Service confirmed that a night club in Ebonyi suffered property losses worth millions of naira due to a destructive fire.
Mr Raphael Ibiam, the Chief Fire Officer of the agency, said that the inferno was suspected to have been caused by an electrical spark within a bush bar in the premises of the night club house.
Ibiam explained that the fire razed valuable properties in some sections of the building apartments which consists of a bar, restaurant, club, car wash and a game centre.
He said items lost to the inferno included three Mikano generators, three big refrigerators, a bush bar, drinks and empty crates, and an electric transformer.
He said no life was lost in the incident as his men responded promptly.
“At about 2320 hours, there was a fire outbreak at Town Planning Road by Waterworks in the capital city.
“We suspect that the electrical connection run through the thatched roof bar caused the fire.
It destroyed properties in some sections of the building but we were able to save part of a transformer and main building in the premises.
“It was just an unfortunate incident,” Ibiam said.